Report Builder problem

Posted by ME on 08-Apr-2014 15:25

Hello, During last weekend I did an upgrade from Progress 9.1E to OpenEdge 11.3. Everything works well except for Report Builder reports. I know creating new reports isn't supported anymore in this version but running existing reports is still possible with _prntrb2 and _printrb. Previous the user could start many reports at the same time. With OE 11.3 not all reports are generated and a lot are missing. Now I have changed the RB-NO-WAIT parameter to FALSE to be sure all reports are generated. But this makes printing multiple reports slow. Both _prntrb2 and _printrb have the same problem. We are rebuilding the reports with a new system but it takes some time. Did anyone had the same behaviour? Regards, ME

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 08-Apr-2014 15:32

While you may get some helpful input here, I would definitely get a tech support call started.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 08-Apr-2014 15:55

I agree that calling Tech Support is a good idea. I just want to point out that you can't use _printrb.p if you are running multiple reports simultaneously. That is only supported with _prntrb2.p. This may not be the source of the issue since it has been this way for many years now but it sounds like you may have a mix of _printrb.p and _prntrb2.p and that's not a good idea. I don't think there's any reason to use _printrb.p any longer.

This thread is closed