Appbuilder

Posted by balaji on 08-Apr-2014 04:12

I have a Example.w file when ever i am running these file in app builder it will ask for the Connection database Window , now i don't want to open that window directly it has to open in the app builder when i run it it has to connect automatically to database and then it has to run is there any method in order to do that ?

If it is there let me know? how?

All Replies

Posted by sultza on 08-Apr-2014 04:28

You can connect to a database using the connect statement. As I understand, you'll need to connect to the database before running your example.w, so an external procedure is necessary.

Example:

connect value ("-db sports2000 -H localhost -S 12001").

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Apr-2014 04:32

Why don’t you create your own AppBuilder shortcut including DB connection details?

C:\Program Files\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32 –p _ab –db <your dbname>

Add other DB connection parameters as needed (-H –S, …)

Von: balaji [mailto:bounce-balaji@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. April 2014 11:12
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: Appbuilder

Thread created by balaji

I have a Example.w file when ever i am running these file in app builder it will ask for the Connection database Window , now i don't want to open that window directly it has to open in the app builder when i run it it has to connect automatically to database and then it has to run is there any method in order to do that ?

If it is there let me know? how?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 08-Apr-2014 04:33

Yes, you can connect to a databse using an external procedure as sultza said. As an alternate, you can run it from command line in proenv like this:

prowin32 -db dbname -1 -p example.w

Posted by bhargavram.k@jktech.com on 08-Apr-2014 05:12

C:\Program Files\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32 –p _ab –db <your dbname>

in these i am giving like these  C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32.exe –p _ab –db sports2000.db i have created shorcut on desktop for APP Builder now the Error is "

**********************************************************************************************************************

CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of JK Technosoft Ltd. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the person who has sent this email to you with copy to administrator@jktech.com

**********************************************************************************************************************

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 08-Apr-2014 05:15

I think attachment/screenshot is missing!

Posted by bhargavram.k@jktech.com on 08-Apr-2014 05:22

these are the errors i am getting

CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of JK Technosoft Ltd. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the person who has sent this email to you with copy to administrator@jktech.com

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 08-Apr-2014 05:35

It seems like there are multiple problems here:

1) Make sure that your database exists

2) If you want to use your database in multi-user mode, serve the database on some free port:

proserve dbname -S portnum

3) Run .w as follows:

prowin32 -db dbname -S portnum -p example.w

If you didn't serve the database, run .w as follows:

prowin32 -db dbname -1 -p example.w

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 08-Apr-2014 06:33

Try _ab.p as the file name

[collapse]
From: bhargavram.k@jktech.com [mailto:bounce-bhargavramkjktechcom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:24 AM
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: Appbuilder

RE: Appbuilder
Reply by bhargavram.k@jktech.com

these are the errors i am getting

Error! Filename not specified.Error! Filename not specified.

Attachments:
err.PNG
error.PNG
Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by ezequielmontoya on 08-Apr-2014 14:24

What about using a PF file?

Some like this:

....\prowin32.exe  -pf  your_PF.pf    -p  your_procedure.r

This thread is closed