When is the end of life of OE10.2B?

Posted by Tai Li on 25-Mar-2014 01:09

My client is doing a licensing review and would like to know on the following details:

1. Progress software (4GL, Client Networking, Workgroup RDBMS, AppServer) end of life, end of support information.

From the "OpenEdge Lifecycle and Platform Availability Guide", it does not state the end of life date.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Mar-2014 20:01

I am not sure what you are missing from the "OpenEdge Lifecycle and Platform Availability Guide".   10.2B is not end-of-life.  (As that page recommends, you may want to ask platforms-questions@progress.com  for specific questions.)

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 29-Mar-2014 05:52

As Bill said, 10.2B is not EOL and the date has not been set for 10.2B to hit/reach EOL yet. However it's 'matured', so no more service packs (10.2B08 is or rather was last one) and no more new features/enhancements there. Your client might want to consider/start thinking of upgrading to 11.3/4.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Mar-2014 20:01

I am not sure what you are missing from the "OpenEdge Lifecycle and Platform Availability Guide".   10.2B is not end-of-life.  (As that page recommends, you may want to ask platforms-questions@progress.com  for specific questions.)

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 29-Mar-2014 05:52

As Bill said, 10.2B is not EOL and the date has not been set for 10.2B to hit/reach EOL yet. However it's 'matured', so no more service packs (10.2B08 is or rather was last one) and no more new features/enhancements there. Your client might want to consider/start thinking of upgrading to 11.3/4.

Posted by Tai Li on 01-Apr-2014 03:09

Hi All, thanks for your input.

I have checked with my Progress vendor, like what you all have said, currently OE10.2B have not reached EOL and no date have been set yet.

I have informed my client accordingly together with the "OpenEdge Lifecycle and Platform Availability Guide".

Thank you.

This thread is closed