"Broker rejects connection"

Posted by magsoa on 18-Mar-2014 13:29

Dear all,
we have this scenário:
1) DB Progress 10.2B runing over AIX server started with script and configured with secondary broker to allow SAL92 ODBC connection. It is in the last service pack
2) one Windows 2008 64bits virtual server where we configured the system DSN to connect to the database
3) the application is an ASP webpage running over IIS in the above server
Some times there no problem, some time we get the error: "Broker rejects connection" and "Database is already connected"
How can I debug this error?

Posted by Sasha Kraljevic on 24-Mar-2014 07:47

There can be a number of reasons for that error, but I'd start with reviewing the database log file. First thing is to write down the parameters that determine the number of remote servers per broker and then look at the log file to see if that number has not been exceeded for the secondary login broker.

There is a KBase which contains detailed information on how to configure secondary login broker, with all of the parameters explained: -n -Mn -Mpb -Ma _ServerType etc.

000021731 - How to set up a secondary login broker for SQL-92 connections for Progress 9.1D and above

For the error "Database is already connected" you would have to debug your ASP code.

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 21-Mar-2014 05:09

Anyone following this forum could give magsoa some hints or suggestion?

Posted by Sasha Kraljevic on 24-Mar-2014 07:47

There can be a number of reasons for that error, but I'd start with reviewing the database log file. First thing is to write down the parameters that determine the number of remote servers per broker and then look at the log file to see if that number has not been exceeded for the secondary login broker.

There is a KBase which contains detailed information on how to configure secondary login broker, with all of the parameters explained: -n -Mn -Mpb -Ma _ServerType etc.

000021731 - How to set up a secondary login broker for SQL-92 connections for Progress 9.1D and above

For the error "Database is already connected" you would have to debug your ASP code.

This thread is closed