OE 10.2B08 now certified for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server

Posted by holzel on 25-Feb-2014 14:21

Hello,
The certs for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are now complete for OpenEdge 10.2B08.
OpenEdge 11.3.x certs are now underway.

The Product Availability Guide for OE10 has been updated:
https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/w/openedgegeneral/1501.openedge-lifecycle-and-platform-availability-guide.aspx

Thank you,
Rob

All Replies

Posted by pablodigonzelli on 01-Mar-2014 20:09

I cannot install openedge 10.2b 32 bits on windows server 2012 R2 standar.
The installer said me that openedge is not for this operating system
I there a document explain how install itr?

Can anyone help me?

De: "holzel" <bounce-holzel@community.progress.com>
Para: "TU OE General" <TU.OE.General@community.progress.com>
Enviados: Martes, 25 de Febrero 2014 17:21:43
Asunto: OE 10.2B08 now certified for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2

Thread created by holzel

--

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Sofware Solutions

25 de Mayo 521. Entrepiso A
email: pdigonzelli@softsargentina.com
email: pdigonzelli@gmail.com
twitter: @pdigonzelli
Tel: 0381 4227378
Cel: 0381 155982714

Posted by egarcia on 02-Mar-2014 07:34

Hello,

I just installed 10.2B on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard machine.

I received a message regarding compatibility of the Microsoft JVM component (not of OpenEdge).

For this install, I clicked on the "Run the program without getting help" option.

The installed product seemed to work fine. At this point, you should be able to install the 10.2B08 service pack.

The Microsoft JVM component is used by the Progress Explorer (MMC based) tool.

Instead of this tool, you can use OpenEdge Explorer which is available via a web interface at http://localhost:9090/

I also found a knowledge base article with a workaround:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P179938

I hope this helps.

This thread is closed