OpenEdge client on a Mac with Retina

Posted by sjohn on 07-Nov-2013 07:19

I want a Macbook Pro with Retina display, but have read about some issues with Windows and Retina screen resolution. I need to use both the good old AppBuilder and Eclipce.
Anyone with experience that can tell me more?

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 08-Nov-2013 12:37

I use a Macbook Pro with Retina display and love it.   When I need to play OpenEdge developer I use Parallels running a Windows 7 release with PSDOE installed.   So far PDSOE has worked fine in that environment with a workspace that is shared by both Windows and OS-X.  The down side: Windows 7 will take up a lot of memory so you will want to load your Macbook with as much memory as it will take.   The up side: Parallels makes Windows relatively transparent while working with a mix of OS-X and Windows processes.   I am not a UI developer, so I cannot comment on screen resolution at the pixel level.

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 08-Nov-2013 11:29

We see more and more people using MacPro...  

No one out there has tried that before and willing to share?

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 08-Nov-2013 12:37

I use a Macbook Pro with Retina display and love it.   When I need to play OpenEdge developer I use Parallels running a Windows 7 release with PSDOE installed.   So far PDSOE has worked fine in that environment with a workspace that is shared by both Windows and OS-X.  The down side: Windows 7 will take up a lot of memory so you will want to load your Macbook with as much memory as it will take.   The up side: Parallels makes Windows relatively transparent while working with a mix of OS-X and Windows processes.   I am not a UI developer, so I cannot comment on screen resolution at the pixel level.

This thread is closed