Create New Database

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2007 04:49

I can't create a progress database. When I try to do it from Data Dictionary, it tries to connect to an already existing database

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 09-Feb-2007 05:01

I have had this happen as well.. Easiest way around it is to create the database using the command line tools. Start a 'proenv' session, navigate to your target directory:

procopy %DLC%\empty new-db-name (assuming you are on Windows)

HTH

Kevin

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2007 05:36

Thanks for reply. It worked. But can't I use the Data Dictionary to create databases any more?

Posted by kevin_saunders on 09-Feb-2007 05:51

Yeah, you can, but sometimes (and it seems to be completely random) the Data Dictionary will throw up this error and refuse to create the DB.. I haven't had the inclination to work out why the error occurs, I must admit..

null

Posted by Admin on 20-Feb-2007 01:29

To create a new database from data dictionary then u need to select "an empty database " and do not forget to click "Replace if exists "while creating a database and then give the path where u want to create it.

i think it will solve your problem.

Posted by Admin on 20-Feb-2007 01:29

To create a new database from data dictionary then u need to select "an empty database " and do not forget to click "Replace if exists "while creating a database and then give the path where u want to create it.

i think it will solve your problem.

This thread is closed