Writing a procedure to run on on connection to AppServer

Posted by Admin on 06-Jun-2008 17:51

IÂ’m trying to write a procedure that will be run automatically by the remote client on connect to the AppServer. If I donÂ’t specify any parameters the connection is refused and the AppServer log has the following error:

“Procedure: 'connectAS.p' Line:0) Procedure <Remote Client> passed parameters to connectAS.p, which didn't expect any. (1005)”.

If I add a character input parameter like I have in my AppServer startup procedure the connection is also refused and the log contains this error:

“Procedure: 'connectAS.p' Line:0) Mismatched number of parameters passed to routine connectAS.p. (3234)”.

What parameters do I need to define in the procedure so it will run correctly?Also, the agent properties page has a fill-in for the startup procedure parameters but not for any of the other procedures, so where would I specify them if I wanted use them?

Progress 10.B/Stateless AppServer/Windows XP

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 08-Jun-2008 08:25

For the connect procedure, you need the following parameters:

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER userid AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER password AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER appServerInfo AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

When the AppServer Connect procedure runs, the values of these three parameters are the same as the corresponding parameters specified via the CONNECT( ) method. If a value is not specified for a parameter to the CONNECT( ) method, the AppServer Connect procedure receives the Unknown value (?) for that parameter.

There's a complete section in the Developing AppServer Applications manual that covers using AppServer configuration procedures.

This thread is closed