Combo box change value when not supposed to ;-)

Posted by Admin on 23-Mar-2009 06:22

Hi!

Have a screen in which it's possible to step forward or backward within a temp table. The info shown is just from one record at a time and navigation within the temp table is done by using FIND PREV/NEXT/FIRST/LAST. My problem is that when navigating between the records the info in a combo box changes to the next value of itself rather than the correct value of the current record.

I suspect something in the FIND statement also affects the combo but that's just a wild guess.

Anyone who has had the same or similiar experience?

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 23-Mar-2009 06:33

I doubt the FIND is doing anything to the combo box - it just doesn't work like that. What does the code do after the FIND statement? It's more than likely that is where the problem lies.

Failing that, put a VALUE-CHANGE trigger on the combo and see when it is getting triggered.

Posted by Admin on 23-Mar-2009 06:57

Thanks for you reply.

Yes so do I but it sure looks mysterious. The combo is set to display only as the screen in this state is just for viewing. I've tried to display the value of the combo box and it looks ok, but when it appears on the screen it has changed.

A message by ALERT-BOX within the CHANGE-VALUE trigger only shows it's not passed through at this time.

Posted by kevin_saunders on 23-Mar-2009 07:07

Yes so do I but it sure looks mysterious. The combo

is set to display only as the screen in this state is

just for viewing. I've tried to display the value of

the combo box and it looks ok, but when it appears on

the screen it has changed.

Before the FIND, show a message with the current value of the combo-box. After the find has executed, show a message with the value in the field that the combo is based on and the value in the combo.

Keep in mind the value the combo shows you is not the value you seen on screen if the combo is name/value pair type combo. You get to see the value portion, not the name (which is displayed on the screen).

This thread is closed