ODBC.reg file for 10.1b?

Posted by Admin on 14-Apr-2009 10:18

Our database has been upgraded, and in order to connect to it, I've been told that I need to upgrade my client ODBC driver from 10.0b to 10.1b.  I installed the client software without a problem, but I still don't seem to have the ODBC driver.  I suspect that with 10.1b, it's like 10.0b, where I'm supposed to run an ODBC script to update my registry, but I don't have that script. Where can I get it?  Or could it be that I've done something else wrong?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 14-Apr-2009 11:20

Assuming this is Windows, I suspect that the ODBC driver is an 'optional' component and only gets installed if you do a full install or a custom and specifically select it (or was it something to do with SQL Client Access?). I could be wrong though, as it has been a long time since I last installed 10.1B..

Re-run the installer if you didn't do a Full or Custom and see if the option exists.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 14-Apr-2009 11:34

Probably not a registry update, but assuming that you set up an ODBC data source on this box previously, then you need to edit that to specify the new driver. See http://www.oehive.org/node/1025 for one example of how this is done.  If the new driver isn't visible there, then you will need to do the install again to specify it.

Posted by Admin on 14-Apr-2009 12:14

There does not seem to be any option for an ODBC driver (or any options at all, for that matter.)  It asks what my working directory will be, and then it's off and running.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 14-Apr-2009 12:54

Are you specifying a complete install?  If so, no need to ask since it will be included.

This thread is closed