Troubles adding user controls to Open Edge 10.2A SP1 toolbox

Posted by Admin on 20-Sep-2009 01:05

Hi everyone,

After creating a user control I would expect Open Edge to be able to add it to the toolbox. Here's where the problem starts.

Whenever I try to add it to the toolbox, the user control just created came's with another namespace and because of that I can't add it cause it generates an error.

Another problem after that is that Open Edge doubles my user control, every one with another namespace (both of them wrong with the same problem as above).T

Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a trick so the process would be straight and easy?

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Sep-2009 07:14

Troubles adding user controls to Open Edge 10.2A SP1 toolbox

First of all, Service pack 2 has been release recently. I've been successfully working with UserControls with SP1 (and FCS) as well, but updating might help.

and because of that I can't add it cause it generates an error.

Which error?

Another problem after that is that Open Edge doubles my user control,

every one with another namespace (both of them wrong with the same

problem as above).

Are those namespaces somehow related? Could it be that the OEA get's confused with namespaces and Propath? I never access classes in subfolders using a propath that with a different reference would also be available from the project root. I've seen this leading to failure:

Propath = ".,foldera,folderb" .

Class foldera.subfoldera.class1 would be accessible using the name foldera.subfoldera.class1 and subfoldera.class1. When you remove the foldera from the classpath, there's only a single reference for that type anymore.

Also recompiling the whole project with "Project -> Clean" may help. That throws away all R-Code and makes sure all classes are in sync (with possible modifications on Interfaces or base classes).

Nachricht geändert durch Mike Fechner

Posted by Admin on 21-Sep-2009 02:32

Also recompiling the whole project with "Project -> Clean" may help. That throws away all R-Code and makes sure all classes are in sync (with possible modifications on Interfaces or base classes).

Thanks, that helped.

Before I deleted the r-code and recompiled the project ("Open Edge -> Compile") and there were no changes, but with "Project -> Clean" seems to work.

This thread is closed