Compiling Appbuilder for Windows 10.2b

Posted by Admin on 26-Feb-2010 10:32

I have 10.2b for Windows and have downloaded the correct Appbuilder source code.   Having never used app builder before, where do I have to place the source code and what do I need to do to compile it?.    I have tried to compile _ab.p and all I get is errors.   Am I missing something somewhere ?  Are there any instructions on compiling it?

thanks

Nigel

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 26-Feb-2010 10:42

If all you want to do is use the AB, you shouldn't need to compile it. You can simply run it from the 10.2B menu.

If you want to compile code in files that begin with "_", you should add -zn to your startup parameters.

If you want to compile the AppBuilder, you should use the possebuild script that is (I think) in the source code zipfile. It requires MKS or Cygwin to run on windows, since it's a Unix-derived script (bash, IIRC). But if you don't /need/ to compile it, don't.

-- peter

Posted by Admin on 26-Feb-2010 10:45

nigelforge1 schrieb:

I have 10.2b for Windows and have downloaded the correct Appbuilder source code.   Having never used app builder before, where do I have to place the source code and what do I need to do to compile it?.    I have tried to compile _ab.p and all I get is errors.   Am I missing something somewhere ?  Are there any instructions on compiling it?

thanks

Nigel

The first question that comes into my mind is: Why?

If you never used it, why would you want to compile it yourself? Usually the only reason to do so is when you have customized it or plan to do so. The biggest callenge when compiling the AppBuilder are usually propath and databases or aliases and the -zn parameter needed for compiling certain files.

The safe way to compile the ABL is teh pbuild utility (see src/adebuild/pbuild). That utility requires a UNIX like shell (like cygwin) on Windows.

I've attached an old white paper.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/26/posse_5F00_pbuild_5F00_utility.pdf:550:0]

When customizing the pbuild script, be aware to maintain the UNIX line end delimiter....

This thread is closed