Dot.Net DataGridView in a SmartDialog

Posted by Jagxx on 20-Jun-2010 09:05

Hello,

How can I use a DataGridView .Net instead of a Browse in a SmartDialog (.w) ? Do I need to create a COM  object (intercom starterkit)? or can I create/use a cls file ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Sebastien

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2010 09:43

How can I use a DataGridView .Net instead of a Browse in a SmartDialog (.w) ? Do I need to create a COM object (intercom starterkit)? or can I create/use a cls file ?

10.2A or 10.2B?

Convert the Dialog into a Window, embed that in a .NET Form and overlay it with the grid.

Posted by Jagxx on 20-Jun-2010 10:07

The version is 10.2A

thus, I must create a cls which Inherit from Form with a Datagrid and then I can use this cls file in the window ?

Sebastien

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2010 13:28

thus, I must create a cls which Inherit from Form with a Datagrid and then I can use this cls file in the window ?

No. You can't use a .NET Control in a window (directly).

Read the GUI for .NET documentation on Embedding ABL Windows. Create a cls Form containing the Progress.Windows.WindowContainer and the DataGridView. The DataGridView should overlap the WindowContainer. When you then embed the ABL Window by assigning the Handle of the Window to the EmbeddedWindow property of the WindowContainer (not possible with a Dialog) in the WindowContainer the user will receive the impression that the DataGridView is part of the ABL Window.

The .Form however can be started as a dialog (using the ShowDialog method).

Posted by Admin on 20-Jun-2010 13:30

Attached a screenshot of an Embedded ABL Windows and an UltraGrid (Infragistics). The UltraGrid is placed on top of the WindowContainer Control. The Text-Boxes are Progress FILL-IN Widgets, not .NET Controls.

This thread is closed