How do we explicitly enable a viewer in update mode?

Posted by Admin on 13-Jul-2010 23:59

Hello there,

Could anyone help me on putting a viewer in update mode explicitly and triggering its SDO to save the modified data.

Currently I am trying to call "run updateMode in (viewer handle) ('updateBegin')" but its not going into update mode.

All Replies

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 14-Jul-2010 10:39

rockinghoney wrote:

Hello there,

Could anyone help me on putting a viewer in update mode explicitly and triggering its SDO to save the modified data.

Currently I am trying to call "run updateMode in (viewer handle) ('updateBegin')" but its not going into update mode.

This is the right call. There are several conditions that need to be true to actually enable the viewer though; there need to be an update-target, there need to be a row available in the  update-target. Maybe you also need to have a tableio-source? (I don't remember)

If there is a viewer that handles the update you are probably better off calling updateRecord in it to trigger the SDO to save the data. There are multiple ways to make the SDO save its data, but I would not know how to make it collect the screen changes in the viewer.

This thread is closed