Row-State = ?

Posted by kopfb on 22-Jul-2010 14:32

Looking for some help here. I have UltraGrid bound to a bindingSource. The bindingSouce is bound to a dataset. When I update a record in the grid, everything is perfect. Row-State = 2, the DB gets updated when calling a SaveChanges method etc. When I delete a record, the row-state = ? in the before buffer. I realize some may want to see a code snippet just not sure what I need to post. I can tell you, that I send the dataset to the SaveChanges method, attach sources etc get the before-buffer and attempt to loop through for changes but it does see anything in the before buffer as well. The record gets removed from the Grid but just not the DB. Why is the row-state "?' is the question. Any help appreciated. OE10.2B

All Replies

Posted by kopfb on 23-Jul-2010 07:59

I also wanted to add that for updates in the Grid I am using BeforeRowUpdate and for deletes I am using BeforeRowsDeleted methods of the UltraGrid. I noticed that if I actually trigger a delete by say using buffer-delete() on the top-buffer that the before-buffer then has a row state of 1 and all is well. I guess what I am confused about is why the actual delete within the grid does not cause a row-state change where as an update does??

Posted by SJProgress on 23-Jul-2010 08:04

Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht! Ich werde ab 02.August wieder im Büro sein und Ihre Email-Nachricht beantworten.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Josef Siegetsleitner, Easyrent Software Entwicklung

Thank you for your message!. I will return to my office on August, 2nd and will answer your email that day.

Best regards - Josef Siegetsleitner - Easyrent Software Development

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 26-Jul-2010 12:27

I also wanted to add that for updates in the Grid I am using BeforeRowUpdate and for deletes I am using BeforeRowsDeleted methods of the UltraGrid. I noticed that if I actually trigger a delete by say using buffer-delete() on the top-buffer that the before-buffer then has a row state of 1 and all is well. I guess what I am confused about is why the actual delete within the grid does not cause a row-state change where as an update does??

1. Are you sure you are deleting the record from the temp-table?

2. Are you sure tracking-changes is true when the record is deleted?

This thread is closed