Webspeed: populate data at broker level

Posted by Gangs on 29-Jul-2010 10:37

We are currently populating over 10 temp-table for each webspeed agent at startup, or refresh. 

It takes considerable amount of time, especially when there are 50 agents for each broker.  I want to know if there is a way to populate the data not in the agent level, but at the broker level, so all the agents can have access to it.  it would take 1/50 to start up the broker.

anybody has done something like that?

thanks!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 29-Jul-2010 10:45

We are currently populating over 10 temp-table for each webspeed agent at startup, or refresh. 

It takes considerable amount of time, especially when there are 50 agents for each broker.  I want to know if there is a way to populate the data not in the agent level, but at the broker level, so all the agents can have access to it.  it would take 1/50 to start up the broker.

Is that static data that (almost) never changes?

Then you could store it in a database, running local at the machine of the webspeed agents. Performance is similar to the temp-table.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 29-Jul-2010 10:54

If you can wait, v11 (rumor is now v11.1) will provide a way for appservers to share context information.

Posted by Gangs on 29-Jul-2010 10:57

The temp-table data don't change that much and data is from a database.  The broker is on the frontend server which is remotely connected to our database in other location.  The way we popluate those temp-tables is buffer-copy.

Having a local database is not an option for us.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 29-Jul-2010 10:58

I'm confused - are your appservers are connected to a db? If not, how are they populating their TT's?

Posted by Admin on 29-Jul-2010 11:05

Having a local database is not an option for us.

Can you explain the reasons for this?

Posted by Gangs on 29-Jul-2010 11:05

it's remotedly connected to a database.  to improve the performance, we copy the frequently used data to the temp-tables which are local. the copying is what takes a long time and it's what we want to shorten. 

Posted by Gangs on 29-Jul-2010 11:10

couple of reasons:

1. we have 6 frontend, I can't imagine maintain 6 same databases.

2. good to separate the database server from others, so they can scale better.

3. we have a working architect, we want to improve the performance.

Posted by Admin on 29-Jul-2010 11:20

couple of reasons:

1. we have 6 frontend, I can't imagine maintain 6 same databases.

2. good to separate the database server from others, so they can scale better.

3. we have a working architect, we want to improve the performance.

Maintenance is sometimes the price for performance.

You either have to wait for OE11.1 like Tim mentioned, accept the time it takes to start each agent or maintain local databases.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 29-Jul-2010 12:23

Are the agents on the same machine? If so, then having a local copy of the data may be the way to go.

This thread is closed