Someone is using Open Edge 10.2A with Crystal Reports 2008

Posted by Admin on 30-Jun-2010 03:04

Good Morning.

Has anyone used Crystal Reports 2008 with Open Edge 2008?

In the latest version of Crystal Reports 2008 has removed the activex Connection.

As you call from progress a report? In the Knowledge base not explain how, only with previous versions of crystal, where  he was active the activex.

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 30-Jun-2010 08:09

XaviQ wrote:

Good Morning.

Has anyone used Crystal Reports 2008 with Open Edge 2008?

In the latest version of Crystal Reports 2008 has removed the activex Connection.

As you call from progress a report? In the Knowledge base not explain how, only with previous versions of crystal, where  he was active the activex.

Thanks

There's a thread on this at  http://communities.progress.com/pcom/message/27945#27945

-- peter

Posted by bdearborn on 30-Jun-2010 11:13

We have not used this combination but offer a solution with functionality

like Crystal but using Progress technology. www.cornerstar.com. Best of all

much more affordable.

Thanks,

Bryn

503-928-8115

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Xavier Balcells <

Posted by Admin on 01-Jul-2010 12:12

Hellow Peter.

Yes I saw that thread.

But I think it does not answer my question.

Maybe I am not understood properly, i'm sorry.

I understand in this thread that it's possible using. NET (Visual Studio) or Edge Open Architec (programming. NET),

But in the traditional App Builder is possible (OE Studio)?

I think it is impossible when they (Crystal Report 2008) has eliminated activex.

For that reason I ask, because I find it astonishing that you can not, when Progress recommend Crysal Reports for reporting.

OE Studio (App Builder) really can not call Crystal Reports 2008?

Thanks.

Posted by Admin on 03-Aug-2010 23:42

We have not used this combination but offer a solution with functionality

like Crystal but using Progress technology. www.cornerstar.com. Best of all

much more affordable.

I guess Progress should write a sample example showing how to use the Crystal 2008 with 10.2X OpenEdge GUI for .NET if at this is possible.

Reporting options in Progress Applications are just hopeless.

I have seen the cornerstar. You have to write the preprocessor  code that runs in the Appserver.   It uses the OpenClient for .NET generated proxies and the reporting UI application is written in C#.  For an existing desktop kind of application this kind of platform involves lot of rework.

Arain

This thread is closed