Only Enterprise systems may access a database with large fil

Posted by Mark.Ward on 30-Sep-2010 16:26

I am attempting to connect to the target database I am going to be programming against and I get the error "Only Enterprise systems may access a database with large files enabled" when using the Data Dictionary tool.  I only have the Workgroup edition of OpenEdge 10.1b and from my investigation you cannot disable large file support once it is enabled.  It appears to get this to work I need to create a void database that does not have large files enabled before I can use prorest to load my target database from a backup.

What I found is the prorest will not change the large file processing on an existing database.  So it appears I need to become familiar with hacking .st files.

I am looking for some instructions how to create the void database so that I can run prorest on it from a backup.

All Replies

Posted by Mark.Ward on 30-Sep-2010 16:43

How I created a database with a specific block size.

I used the Data Dictionary to create a new database which created a new .st file.

I used the prostrct to create a new database from the .st file with the specified blocksize.

Posted by Mark.Ward on 30-Sep-2010 16:51

I have figured out how to create a void database and make one with a specific blocksize. I now have to figure out how to fix the issue with unequal number of user areas detected when running prorest

Posted by Mark.Ward on 30-Sep-2010 17:04

I think I have the solution.

If you have a database that has large files enabled you need to create a database without it enabled.  My extended issue was the blocksize and user areas had to match. This might be the info from the .st file.

prorest target backupsource created the database and .st files but i was unable to open the db due to it being enabled with large files.  What I did was take the .st file and created a new database with the same blocksize as my backup database using prostrct command.  Now, I was able to use prorest on the newly created database from my backup.

success.

This thread is closed