Converting from SET-CALLBACK-PROCEDURE to SET-CALLBACK

Posted by brian.laferte on 14-Oct-2009 12:40

Using 10.1C, I am currently in the process of converting some older ABL Web Service calls from to an OO class.  The calls need to modify the SOAP request headers and read the response headers, and are using SET-CALLBACK-PROCEDURE to do so.  Trying to move the logic over to a class, I found SET-CALLBACK-PROCEDURE is not supported, and that SET-CALLBACK needs to be used instead.  However, simply changing the SET-CALLBACK-PROCEDURE method to SET-CALLBACK throws a runtime error (Third argument to SET-CALLBACK-PROCEDURE must be a valid procedure handle -11982).

What am I missing?  And is there a better way handle the SOAP headers in 10.1C while still using standard ABL web service calls?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 15-Oct-2010 09:21

Hi Brian

Did you have any joy resolving this, I happen to have hit the exact same problem.

TIA

Matthew

Posted by maximmonin on 15-Oct-2010 18:21
Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2010 06:49

Thanks, but I've read the thread and don't see the solution anywhere, could be I'm just overlooking it...

My problem is, I have a Progress class, but SET-CALLBACK-PROCEDURE doesn't work in classes, what do I do to make it work in a class?

SET-CALLBACK doesn't seem to work either in classes, although the documentation leads you to believe it should.

Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2010 10:08

SET-CALLBACK doesn't seem to work either in classes, although the documentation leads you to believe it should.

Works fine for me! Can you elaborate what "doesn't seem to work" means? Compile errors? Runtime errors? Any code samples?

BUFFER eCustomer:SET-CALLBACK ("AFTER-FILL", "eCustomerAfterFill", THIS-OBJECT).

METHOD PUBLIC VOID eCustomerAfterFill (INPUT DATASET FOR dsCustomer):

Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2010 10:54

I'm doing the exact same thing and getting the exact same runtime error as Brian (start of this thread) ...

Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2010 11:38

Are you on an historic release like 10.1C as well? Maybe you should try 10.2B then...

This thread is closed