Configuring Appserver in Windows server 2008 64bits - Progre

Posted by Admin on 02-Nov-2010 09:47

Hi everybody, how are you doing?

I'm facing a problem here and i believe you can help me to solve it!

I have in my company a server with Windows Server 2008 R2 64bits. We are configuring progress 10.2b and i'm facing problems with appserver configuration.

I have the OE DataServer MS SQL Svr license for Win32.

I installed it with no problems. I configured the ODBC System DSN, the connection is ok, i didn't face any error connecting my sql server database. But the problem is that the appserver service is not starting, as if it is not finding the odbc connection.... check the attached logs please.

I've been spending a lot of time on this issue, but until now, no success

Thanks for all!

AppSrvSQL-Ofi.broker.log.zip

AppSrvSQL-Ofi.server.log.zip

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 04-Nov-2010 08:10

The AppServer does not use ODBC - that is only required by 3rd party utilities to connect to a Progress database. The AppServer will connect to a Progress/OpenEdge database/dataserver using a native connection only.

I suspect the issue is that the connection parameters you are supplying to the AppServer are incorrect. The parameters must be that of the Dataserver (-H, -S) in order for the AppServer to connect.

Posted by Admin on 04-Nov-2010 11:27

The configuration is set now!

I was missing the schema holders and i had to change the odbc application to use.

In win 2008 you have both odbc application for 64 and 32bits. As i have 32bits licencies i have to use the seconde one.

Thanks for all!

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 06-Dec-2010 17:00

kevin_saunders wrote:

The AppServer does not use ODBC - that is only required by 3rd party utilities to connect to a Progress database. The AppServer will connect to a Progress/OpenEdge database/dataserver using a native connection only.

Not true.

When connecting an AppServer thru a local SQL Server DataServer (ie connecting to a read-only schemaholder) the AppServer does use ODBC and therefore must be able to access the ODBC configuration.

This thread is closed