Migrating ADM2 application to Browser compatabiliy

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:11

Hi Experts,

Could anyone of you shed some light on basic steps and requirements for migrating an Application which is developed in ADM2 to browser compatability.

We have an application which was developed using ADM2 and now planning to run the same in browser as it is?

I would kindly request if anyone of you could help me to know the basic steps and necessary requirements on the same.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 02:37

Unless you are using ADM2 in the context of Dynamics the only thing that can be used in the context of a browser application is the business logic, hopefully well isolated in the SmartDataObjects and usable on the AppServer.

Or are you planning a Web Client deployment (Progress' GUI thin client with a browser based deployment mechanism)?

Please give some more details about the target platform so that we can give you some advice.

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 02:43

Hi Mike,

Yes, you are right. We are planning for Web client deployment (a browser based deployment mechanism).

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 02:52

Did you check http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge102b/pdfs/dpweb/dpweb.pdf

Do you have specific questions?

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 03:17

Hi Mike,

Thanks lot for referring the document, I am sure this document has helped me to visualise my requirement overview and has set certain directions to start with.

At this point I don't have any specific question and I thank you again for your kind consideration.

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 03:27

At this point I don't have any specific question and I thank you again for your kind consideration.

Let us know when you run into trouble. Webclient Deployment can be a bit tricky...

Posted by Admin on 10-Dec-2010 04:29

Sure, Thanks alot

This thread is closed