Problem linking to Progress database from SQL server using 6

Posted by bjorns on 13-Jan-2011 12:47

Hello,

I'm having problems creating a linked Progress database (10.2B03) in SQL server 2005 64 (9.0.405) on Windows 2003 64 SP2 using the Progress 64 bit ODBC driver, 5.30.00.98.

Creating the ODBC data source and successfully connect to the Progress database works fine.

Connecting to another linked server (MySQL) using it's 64 bit driver also works

Both linked servers are using MSDASQL

But when I'm trying to test the connection of the linked Progress server I get this error:

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "THEPDB".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "THEPDB" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed.".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "THEPDB" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Access denied(Authorisation failed)".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "THEPDB" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Optional feature not implemented.". (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

Connecting from a 32 bit Sql server using the 32 bit ODBC driver works ok.
I noticed however that the 32 bit version of the driver is 6.00 and made by Progress, whereas the 64 bit version is 5.30 and made by DataDirect.
Anyone else with experience of this have a solution/suggestion 5c?
TIA
/Bjorn

All Replies

Posted by bjorns on 18-Jan-2011 13:54

Anyone? Bueller?

This thread is closed