following our upgrade from 10.2A to 10.2B over the last few days I have been trying to move our web services from our 10.2A environment over to the new 10.2B enviroment.
I have created a new state free appserver which is up and running.
I have also created the new web service adaptor and re-started apache and this is up and running.
I have re-compiled the code under 10.2B and re-run the proxy gen and updated the relevant areas to point to the new appserver.
I have then deployed the web service and again this looks to be working ok..
everything looks fine and ther are no errors in any of the logs but when I try and access the web sevice I am able to create the inital server
CREATE SERVER hWebService.
hWebService:CONNECT("-WSDL 'http://badger:8090/wsa etc etc etc .......
and this works ok, I have used SoapSpy to check and everything is working up to this point.
but as soon as I try and call one of the procedure within the web service the routine hangs for about 3 mins and I get the following error in the appserver logs.
[11/02/03@15:23:12.579+0000] P-005584 T-http-8090-1 2 TS9WebServices 4GL-Provider Error in SOAP request execution: Connect Failure: Timeout or Interrupt occurred while attempting to communicate with NameServer. (8231) (10926)
and the Soap response within Soap Spy is as follows.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<faultstring>An error occurred connecting to the Web Service
<errorMessage>msg=Error in SOAP request execution: Connect
Failure: Timeout or Interrupt occurred while attempting
to communicate with NameServer. (8231) (10926);
targetException=Connect Failure: Timeout or Interrupt
occurred while attempting to communicate with
I have been fiddling for the last couple of days onn and off and cannot seem to find where the issue may lie and wondered if any one else has had any issues with moving what were working web services over to 10.2B .
Please be gentle as the area of web services are all quite new to me.
This looks like the connection between the web service adapter and the appserver is failing.
We've hit this when the appserver isn't up and running, and more commonly when the appserver connection configuration information for the web service adapter has a typo in it.
You can try change
WSA AppserviceProtocol property from "Appserver" to "AppserverDC" and change port from 5162 to port on which new appserver started (3090 or something).
You are a GOD!!!!!!!!,
thank you that has solved the problem, the strange thing is that we still have our web service for 10.1A setup on the same server and this works fine but does not have the DC on the end. Very Wierd......
I am going to change them all to have DC on the end and hopefully will not have this problem again once I have documented this all into our upgrade docs.