AIA Problem in OE10.2B

Posted by mikeperkin on 08-Mar-2011 08:18

Hi

I am trying to configure an AIA instance in 10.2B using Tomcat on Windows 7. When I test the connection I am getting the error shown in the attached file. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I have tried with Tomcat 4.1, 5,5 and 6.0.

Thanks

Mike

AIA Error.txt.zip

All Replies

Posted by Roy Ellis on 08-Mar-2011 08:27

Hi Mike,

It looks like you only moved the aia.jar file into the tomcat/webapps directory.  In version 10.2B you also need to copy the actional-sdk.jar file to the tomcat/webapps directory even if you don't plan to use Actional.

The best practice woudl be to copy the $DLC/servlets/aia directory and all of files to the tomcat/webapps directory.  This will move all the necessary files to properly run the aia in Tomcat.

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,

Roy Ellis

Posted by mikeperkin on 08-Mar-2011 08:48

Hi Roy

Thank you - almost! I configured the AIA using KB entry P21274, which advises you to copy the aia.jar file from the $DLC/java directory. Copying the actional-sdk.jar file has helped, but I am now getting an error that says "Internal commands restricted - access denied". I have enabled the Internal Administrative Command option in the AIA Advanced Features tab in OE Management, so not sure what could be the issue now - permissions somewhere perhaps?

Thanks

Mike

Posted by Roy Ellis on 08-Mar-2011 09:38

Hi Mike,

after you made the change to Allow internal commands did you restart Tomcat?  Remember the ubroker.propertes (which holds all the settings) only gets read at startup time of the Tomcat JSE, so any changes to the AIA settings needs a restart of Tomcat.

Also, be sure you have disabled HTTPS, which forces a redirect to the HTTPS port (443 by default), by setting httpsEnabled=0 or making the change in OE Management.

Let me know,

Roy Ellis

Posted by mikeperkin on 08-Mar-2011 12:19

Hi Roy

I tried that - still getting the same message. The settings for the AIA are as follows:

actionalEnabled=0

actionalGroup=OpenEdge

adminIPList=127.0.0.1

allowAiaCmds=1

certStorePath=C:\Progress\OpenEdge\certs\

controllingNameServer=NS1

Host=localhost

httpsEnabled=0

logAppend=1

logfile=C:\OpenEdge\WRK\Aia1.aia.log

loggingLevel=2

Any additional help or suggestions appreciated!

Mike

Posted by Roy Ellis on 08-Mar-2011 12:24

Hi Mike,

Delete or comment-out the adminIPList=127.0.0.1 line for now, restart Tomcat and see if that works.  If it does work try the actual IP address of the machine you are not the local loopback and see if that works.

Let me know,

Roy Ellis

Posted by mikeperkin on 08-Mar-2011 12:53

Hi Roy

Thank you - removing the loopback sorted it out. Is there any documentation around this?

Mike

This thread is closed