I'm testing WebClient (10.2B) using Tomcat. I have managed to get the Tomcat JSE and AIA up and running, but am now having problems getting the deployment of the application and the WebClient executable working. I have created the webclient folder and it's subfolders in the TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder and am using the following URL: http://localhost:8080/webclient. When I try the deployment using the bootstrap.htm I get an error in the browser saying that "The requested resource (/webclient/wc_exec/bootstrap.htm) is not available.
Any tips on what I am not doing or might have done wrong would be welcome!
Following on from the previous post, I have also tried using IIS (running Windows 7) and am also not getting anywhere - error message saying that the web page cannot be displayed. Any suggestions on that front would also be welcome!
The resurce /webclient/wc_exec/bootstrap.htm seems unusual ... where is the wc_exec part of the path coming from?
I have a webclient on windows 7, and just dropped it into Tomcat, and they both worked, but they dont have the wc_eexec bit.
I basically followed the steps as per the WebClient training course, which tells you to set up two directories below a root directory. One is for deploying the executable and the other for the app.
Sent form my mobil. Pleas excus any typos.
Sorry for the delay in responding ...
I have the following structure behing the Tomcat server (and regular http server)
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\webclient - under this directory I copy allthe files from from the OpenEdge\webclient\web_image directory
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\application - this directory contains the latest version of the app (1.2.00) ... copy the APP.prowcapc file from 1.2.00 to the application directory
The 2 URL's used by the users are
I also have the WSA and AiA installed under Tomcat (my main reason for having it), and can assist if you are having problems with them as well.
Hope this helps.
I eventually managed to figure out what I was doing wrong, and have got it going. Thanks for your help.