Super User PUB?

Posted by brucejin on 28-Mar-2011 16:02

After issuing the CREATE USER statement, only users defined in the user table can log into the database.
But this user cannot see (query/update) tables in other schema/users.
My questions is:

1)       Can I make the user that I created see other user tables?

2)       Is there a super user defined in Progress that can see other user tables? Is this super user PUB? What is the password for PUB?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Mar-2011 16:11

1)       Can I make the user that I created see other user tables?

Check the GRANT statement.

2)       Is this super user PUB? What is the password for PUB?

PUB is not a super user. PUB is the owner of tables accessible by ABL applications. ABL applications will only see tables in the PUB schema.

Posted by brucejin on 28-Mar-2011 16:27

Thanks Mike,

After I created user myschema I can only connect to database using this user 'myschema'.

But when I do GRANT

GRANT DBA to myschema;

It complains that: No DBA access rights (7572)

It seems for now I I need to login with an user that has DBA access rights. Who is this user? PUB should have the rights. But I don't password for PUB.

Thanks.

Posted by Admin on 28-Mar-2011 16:41

It seems for now I I need to login with an user that has DBA access rights. Who is this user?

By default the Windows user that created the database. From the docs:

When users are created, the default DBA (the user who created the database) becomes disabled. It is important to grant DBA access to at least one user so you will have a valid DBA account.

I'm not doing that fairly often, but I guess you need to create the new user and make him DBA in one turn.

Others might know better.

Posted by brucejin on 28-Mar-2011 16:47

The problem is that now I am logged in as myschema. If I try to create user now it will say No DBA access rights (7572) .

The question is now how to login as a user that has DBA rights.

I will dig in the manuals more

Thanks

Posted by brucejin on 29-Mar-2011 09:24

To create USER and GRANT I must first connect to database using the user Id used to create the database.

Thanks!

This thread is closed