OpenEdge Personal Database Licence

Posted by andrew.thornton@redprairie.com on 17-May-2011 05:00

Hi, Can someone confirm for me whether the Personal Database Licence includes the Progress runtime client?

Basically we have a customer who needs access to an old database which they plan to run on a standalone pc with just a single user. They need to be able to run our OpenEdge client application against the database - though only to run some of the enquiry screens. I think all they need is a Personal Database Licence for the database and that will include the Progress runtime Client. Is that correct?

Thanks, Andrew.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2011 06:37

Hi, Can someone confirm for me whether the Personal Database Licence includes the Progress runtime client?

Basically we have a customer who needs access to an old database which they plan to run on a standalone pc with just a single user. They need to be able to run our OpenEdge client application against the database - though only to run some of the enquiry screens. I think all they need is a Personal Database Licence for the database and that will include the Progress runtime Client. Is that correct?

That should work exactly as you describe. You might request a trial license from Progress to try out....

The client won't be able to connect to remote databases and remote clients would not be able to connect to the personal database.

This thread is closed