openedge tutorial problem

Posted by Admin on 05-Jun-2011 10:11

I am working my way thru the openedge tutorial. Everything was fine until I did the build step on the AutoEdge project. I received 44 errors. When I looked thru the resource view the gui folder had all the .cls files were marked with an x.

I thought it may have something to do with Java so I checked the version I'm running. It is 1.6.0_22 on Windows 7.

Thank you for any help/suggestions.

Fred

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 06-Jun-2011 10:50

fred195 wrote:

I am working my way thru the openedge tutorial. Everything was fine until I did the build step on the AutoEdge project. I received 44 errors. When I looked thru the resource view the gui folder had all the .cls files were marked with an x.

I thought it may have something to do with Java so I checked the version I'm running. It is 1.6.0_22 on Windows 7.

Thank you for any help/suggestions.

Fred

The Java version should have nothing to do with the errors. Those are pure ABL compile errors. Are the errors all the same? Or similar?

-- peter

Posted by bdearborn on 06-Jun-2011 10:52

Hi,

I am currently out of the office on business and will be returning to

the office on June 13, 2011. I will have limited access to email but

If you need immediate assistance please call my cell phone at

503-805-8598.

Thanks,

Bryn Dearborn

503-805-8598

--

Bryn Dearborn

503-928-8115 (Work)

503-805-8598 (Cell)

Cornerstar

Posted by Admin on 06-Jun-2011 19:07

Hi Peter,

Here are some of the errors and the corresponding code...

Table BaseCode does not exist or can not be accessed (962)

DELETE FROM autoedge.BaseCode .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could Not Understand (198)

if type-of(poSender, UltraToolbarsManager ) then
                publish 'menuItemChoose' (cast(poArgs, ToolClickEventArgs):Tool:Key).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could Not Understand (196)

define private variable ultraLabel1 as Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraLabel no-undo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most are like the last 2.

The 1st makes me wonder if I made an error in setting up Architect.

I followed the tutorial but being a newbie could have easily made a mistake.

I'm going to go back over those steps.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Posted by Peter Judge on 07-Jun-2011 07:22

The first one indicates that you might not have the database connected. Make sure that it's set up in the project properties.

If I had to guess for the second set of errors, I'd say that the assemblies that are referenced in the project (assemblies.xml) are out-of-date. There's a tool (via OpenEdge > Migration I believe) that will help you do the upgrade.

The other alternative is that you don't have any referenced assembles: you can check this in the project resources view (there's a node for the referenced assemblies). And of course, you'll need to have the correct license for the Ultra Controls too.

-- peter

This thread is closed