Difference between Progress 9 and OpenEdge10 in Sensitive at

Posted by wimeeder on 13-Jan-2012 07:26

I have an issue in a window build in progress 9. This window has some enabled fill-ins.

In progress 9 the default behaviour was that the cursor/focus was placed on the first (topleft) fillin on the window.

The same program in OE10 is behaving differently. It sets the focus to the fill in that is first defined (i.e initially) as a sensitive fillin (in the code as fi-field:SENSITIVE = TRUE).

Since this is not the fillin i want to give cursorfocus to, i had to change the code so the first line is setting the preferred fillin to SENSITVE true.

Can anyone tell me what was changed in this respect since progress 9, and how i can build my windows so the behaviour is as it was in Progress 9?

Thank you.

All Replies

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 18-Jan-2012 13:06

I doubt that there are any language changes from v9 to v10 that changes how tab order and focus are established. Typically the tab order is defined by the order of the fields in the enable statement or  by the order of the fields/widgets n the frame definition if the frame is defined as KEEP-TAB-ORDER (I believe this is default).The fact that setting sensitive= true affects tab order indicates that the fields are not enabled when you do this, otherwise this should not normally affect the tab order.

There have been changes to how adm2 handles fields on a container and how the adm2 decides which fields are enabled, so maybe this is what you are running into?

If you have a case where the exact same code gives a different tab order on v9 and v10, you should contact Support to get a clarifiaction if this is expected behavior or a bug.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 18-Jan-2012 13:36

My experience has been that keep-tab-order is not the default, it has to be specified.

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 18-Jan-2012 14:04

It is not really an AppBuilder default. It is defined in the template that is used when creating a new procedure. So our customers may very well have templates without this, but the regular Window, SmartWindow and SmartViewer template that we ship currently have frames with KEEP-TAB -ORDER.

This thread is closed