UI changes after moving to OE 10.2b

Posted by pauldownie on 19-Mar-2012 14:47

Hi,

I am moving an ADM2 application developed in v. 9.1e to OE 10.2b and have noticed most of the widgets are now rendered flat as opposed to the 3D effect they had before. I am fine with that look but I may like the fields to be laid out a little differently to create a little space between the upper and lower edges of the fields which currently abutt one another and create the appearance of a heavier line between fields. Is there a quick and easy way to make these kinds of changes and/or to set up the way the fields are placed by default in the AppBuilder? I would also like to know if or to what degree the visualization is dependent on the operating system. We will be moving to Windows 7 soon on the client machines and would like to know if there will be any changes to the appearance resulting from that.

thanks,

Paul

All Replies

Posted by rbf on 19-Mar-2012 16:39

Did you by any chance change you progress.ini file as well? I remember a setting like KEEP-THREE-D-FILLIN-BORDER  or something like that in the .ini file but I cannot find it in the docs anymore.

If that is not it could you post a before and after screenshot?

Posted by pauldownie on 19-Mar-2012 17:01

Thanks Peter. The only 3D setting I found in the .ini was Use-3D-Size which is unchanged at "yes". I have attached a couple of screenshots. The quality isn't very good but I think you can see what I mean.

Paul

Posted by rbf on 19-Mar-2012 17:15

It certainly looks like the setting I meant. You could try adding it to your .ini file but I cannot find the syntax anymore. Hopefully someone else can jump in here.

Posted by pauldownie on 19-Mar-2012 17:30

I tried the setting as you suggested but no luck. Thanks anyway.

Paul

Posted by jquerijero on 20-Mar-2012 16:00

Inside DLC\bin rename prowin32.exe.manifest to something else.

Posted by pauldownie on 20-Mar-2012 16:29

Thanks Joseph.

This thread is closed