Can anyone tell me how to setup a second web service adapter

Posted by trevybaby on 22-Apr-2012 08:18

Hi All,

Can anyone shed a little light on setting up a second web service adapter on the same machine/instance of tomcat...

I have gone in and attempted to put the second servlet information into the web.xml file in tomcat and setup the second adapter using the Progress Explorer but when I bounce tomcat, one web service starts and the other doesn't.

Looking at the tomcat logs I can see the first starting and the second unable to with the following error:

22-Apr-2012 13:38:18 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logINFO: WebOrder: WSA WebOrder Web Service deployment path is /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/wsa/
22-Apr-2012 13:38:18 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logINFO: WebOrder: WSA WebOrder Certificate Store Path is /usr/dlc64/certs

22-Apr-2012 13:38:27 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logINFO: Servlet2: WSA Servlet2 Service deployment path is /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps/wsa/
22-Apr-2012 13:38:27 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logINFO: Servlet2: WSA Servlet2 Certificate Store Path is /usr/dlc64/certs
22-Apr-2012 13:38:27 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext logSEVERE: Servlet2: Unable to initialize SOAP engine.com.progress.wsa.WsaSOAPEngineException: Cannot intialize engine from a running state.
at com.progress.wsa.ApacheSOAPEngine.initialize(ApacheSOAPEngine.java:296)
at com.progress.wsa.ApacheSOAPEngine.initialize(ApacheSOAPEngine.java:249)
at com.progress.wsa.WsaServlet.init(WsaServlet.java:161)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)

at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:993)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4420)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4733)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java:3460)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.reload(ManagerServlet.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.reload(HTMLManagerServlet.java:557)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:121)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

INFO: Marking servlet Servlet2 as unavailable

If I swap the order of the servlet configuration in the web.xml file, the problem is the other way round i.e Servlet2 starts and not WebOrder.

Is it even possible what I am attempting to do? Is there another way to go about it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

All Replies

This thread is closed