node.js module

Posted by Admin on 06-Jan-2013 07:09

There is a node.js module that we're released into the wild as open-source, you can check it out and contribute or fork from it on Robert's public repository on GitHub - https://github.com/RobertPrediger/node4progress

It would have been nice if a C++ open client would have been available so we could just avoid using Java one through JNI but that's the way it is for now...

All Replies

Posted by abe.voelker on 07-Jan-2013 18:44

Not a huge fan of Node, but very nice work I say!  Anything that helps people escape ABL hell is very good in my book.

Posted by Admin on 07-Jan-2013 23:56

abe.voelker wrote:

Not a huge fan of Node, but very nice work I say!  Anything that helps people escape ABL hell is very good in my book.

Thanks Abe, still wasn't trying to help anyone escape from anything and personally I still use ABL most of the time with no particular urge to `escape`... as long as I see it a better fit for the BL than Java or .Net that won't change I guess, not that young anymore to fall in love with specific languages and join holly wars over which language is best

Posted by jmls on 08-Jan-2013 00:41

Fortran rules

Julian

Julian lyndon-Smith

IT Director

dot.r limited

Posted by Admin on 08-Jan-2013 01:25

jmls wrote:

Fortran rules

Julian, quite possible you're right but it has to be a pain that need to be healed and as I've said this is not the case yet... was  just trying to say I'm no crusader looking to free peoples for  themselves or export democracy elsewhere... if there is a ABL hell then  by all means peoples should try to escape

Posted by Admin on 08-Jan-2013 01:28

if there is a ABL hell then  by all means peoples should try to escape

If ABL would be hell... it would still be much better than heaven elsewhere ;-)

Posted by jmls on 08-Jan-2013 02:41

I've tried to escape many times. I can say for sure that the grass is

definitely not greener on the other side

Julian

Julian lyndon-Smith

IT Director

dot.r limited

Posted by abe.voelker on 08-Jan-2013 09:43

marianedu wrote:

not that young anymore to fall in love with specific languages and join holly wars over which language is best

That's too bad... I would have made you a five-star general

jmls wrote:

Fortran rules

Hey last time I checked Fortran still edges out C speedwise when doing scientific computing!

Am I the only one out there still trying to figure out what a "business language" is?

This thread is closed