Removing alert box messages in AppServer programs

Posted by Tung on 07-Feb-2013 07:59

Hi

This might be a simple question but how do I convert an ADM1 program with interactive alert-box messages that ask the user to make a choice into one that works on AppServer?

e.g. when deleting a delivery record, it may delete a record from another table and ask the user to make a choice.

I think I have identify all the questions and ask them before running the delete code by doing this for each question:

Client form runs a check
Server code decides what question to ask
Client asks the question
Server code decides the next question to ask

Is this correct or have I got it completely wrong?

Thanks

Tung

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 07-Feb-2013 08:11

Tung schrieb:

Hi

This might be a simple question but how do I convert an ADM1 program with interactive alert-box messages that ask the user to make a choice into one that works on AppServer?

e.g. when deleting a delivery record, it may delete a record from another table and ask the user to make a choice.

I think I have identify all the questions and ask them before running the delete code by doing this for each question:

Client form runs a check
Server code decides what question to ask
Client asks the question
Server code decides the next question to ask

Is this correct or have I got it completely wrong?

Thanks

Tung

Depending on how often you need feedback from the user (in which percentace of cases) you can also just start the operation and when you need feedback from the user you undo the transaction and do like you suggested.

I wouldn't do the undo strategy when it's happening very frequently.

Posted by Tung on 07-Feb-2013 09:02

That's what I thought.

It's just frustrating and slow going converting procedural code into appserver compatible code. Plus it's unlikely any of our customers will be using Appserver any time soon.

This thread is closed