Question on Mobile App Builder (Tiggzi)

Posted by aspotti on 27-May-2013 09:27

Hi,

I start playing around with the Mobile App builder and I have few questions:

- does a versioning system exist in our re branded Mobile App UI Builder tool?

- Once copied into the Developer Studio how is possible to "restore" back the UIs into the Mobile UI builder tool, if there is a way and if feasible?

thanks a lot for the hints

Alessandro

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 27-May-2013 09:59

Hi Alessandro,

>>> does a versioning system exist in our re branded Mobile App UI Builder tool?

We have an option in Mobile Appbuilder to have several version(s) for 'OpenEdge plug-in' (Export -> OpenEdge plug-in). However, we do not have any versioning concepts for the projects/application. Can you please let me know what you are referring with respect to versioning system. Is this mobile application or the plug-ins created in Mobile AppBuilder?

>>> Once copied into the Developer Studio how is possible to "restore"  back the UIs into the Mobile UI builder tool, if there is a way and if  feasible?

PDSOE (Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge) will bring latest sources/files from Mobile Appbuilder (Tiggzi) upon invoking 'Copy Source Local' operation. However, observe that the other way (when any ofTiggzi resources are modified in PDSOE) is not possible as of now from PDSOE (ie., pushing files from PDSOE to Mobile AppBuilder).

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by aspotti on 27-May-2013 11:58

What I'm referring is if in our Tiggzi Mobile app platform we have a versioning tool like SVN or CVS.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/26/winmail.dat.zip:550:0]

Thanks for answering me!

Sent by smartphone

Posted by Admin on 28-May-2013 02:36

Saving the files locally gives you the option to put them in any SCM tool you like, either using an Eclipse plug-in or not... the issue at this time is that even if you have the 'history' you can't roll-back due to the mentioned limitation of not being able to 'push' the files back on tiggzi

Hopping this is just the first iteration and they'll swicth to a proper local editor/designer in the future - although remote 'native builder' can still be provided as a service if they can get a better deal from Adobe on PhoneGap Builder.

Posted by aspotti on 28-May-2013 03:03

Thanks a lot for the answer.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/26/2318.winmail.dat.zip:550:0]

Sent by smartphone

This thread is closed