Port Contention installing OpenEdge 11.2

Posted by jpearcey on 30-May-2013 05:40

Installing OpenEdge 11.2 is causing a problem with accessing the OEM.  According to the log files, Fathom can not start up due to the port being in use from the AdminServer, making it impossible to access the OEM at the localhost via a browser.  It is possible to change the {webserver]httpport in fathom.properties, which changes the Fathom port from that being locked by the AdminServer, start and stop the AdminServer, but this is a once-only fix, as the next time the system reboots, the AdminServer starts up on the new port and thus Fathom is unable to start and the whole start, stop, change the port has to start again.Is there a permanent fix for this?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-May-2013 06:03

Once started, the OpenEdge Explorer offers an Options menu on the top right. Under Configuration you can change the Web Server port permanently.

Posted by jpearcey on 30-May-2013 06:06

The problem is, the next time things are started and stopped, it happens again, as the AdminServer picks up the new port and blocks that.

Posted by Admin on 30-May-2013 06:08

Strange. Last time, I needed to change those ports, the Options Menu changed that permanently.

Posted by jpearcey on 30-May-2013 06:10

I will give it another go.

Posted by jpearcey on 30-May-2013 06:21

That seemed to work, although it tried at first to open localhost:9090, I had to change the location to 9095.  Thanks for your assistance, I will let you know if it falls over again.

This thread is closed