How can I show parent objects in the next level of a report

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 17-Jan-2018 03:10

• I have an hierarchical relationship on my Accounts object, now I am trying to build a report that does the following:
  • First level:
    • Show all accounts linked to (filtered on) a certain property (this works fine, obviously)
    • Notice that these are always child accounts (main offices /parents accounts are not linked to properties)
  • Second level:
    • Show all main offices (which are parent accounts of the earlier selected accounts)
    • This is not working, because the relationship is always looking for child accounts on the following level and never on parent account ☹
      (I should be able to choose the direction in which to look)

Do you have an idea how I can create that view/report/Excel export from Rollbase?

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 17-Jan-2018 08:26

Yes Ruben, this is presently a limitation in Rollbase that we can select only one side of a Relationship (only parents, however in generated report it walks over child records, hence, also a defect) in case of  hierarchical relationships when defining Tabular report layers. We will add this to our backlog and consider addressing it in a forthcoming release.

All Replies

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 17-Jan-2018 06:00

Note:

I was able to create such a report using the JavaScript report functionality, but it would be great if this was possible out-of-the-box as well.

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 17-Jan-2018 08:26

Yes Ruben, this is presently a limitation in Rollbase that we can select only one side of a Relationship (only parents, however in generated report it walks over child records, hence, also a defect) in case of  hierarchical relationships when defining Tabular report layers. We will add this to our backlog and consider addressing it in a forthcoming release.

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 26-Mar-2018 05:48

We have addressed this in the forthcoming Rollbase release due in 2018 Q2. Meanwhile you can also give it a try on EAP.

This thread is closed