Is it possible to give a Role administrator-like privileges,

Posted by alank@daitangroup.com on 16-Jan-2018 13:13

Our tenant contains many different Applications, each of which performs different uses and functions. Each App is ministered by a different segment of the company, and thus developed by different people.

We would like to create Roles that give Administrator rights to a certain User, but is Application Specific.

That is, the power to create/edit Object definitions, fields, Triggers, configure Pages, etc, etc., but only from inside a certain Application only, not letting other Objects (that are not shared between apps) be influenced by this User.

Is that possible? Or must some User with these permissions be given Tenant-wide powers?

Posted by Anvi Jain on 30-Jan-2018 01:38

Hi Alan,

A user belonging to an administrator role will have all the privileges across the tenant it belongs to. Also, the administrative permissions that you require( create/edit Object definitions, fields etc) are not yet supported for a given Role.

However, you can provide some administrative privileges to a particular role. Please follow the steps to manage permissions of a Role -

Go to Setup Home -> Roles (under Administration Setup) -> Permissions (for a given role) -> Check the section "Administrative Permissions".

I am sharing the documentation link on 'Access Control' for you reference -

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Please log an enhancement request for you requirement.

Regards,

Anvi

All Replies

Posted by Anvi Jain on 30-Jan-2018 01:38

Hi Alan,

A user belonging to an administrator role will have all the privileges across the tenant it belongs to. Also, the administrative permissions that you require( create/edit Object definitions, fields etc) are not yet supported for a given Role.

However, you can provide some administrative privileges to a particular role. Please follow the steps to manage permissions of a Role -

Go to Setup Home -> Roles (under Administration Setup) -> Permissions (for a given role) -> Check the section "Administrative Permissions".

I am sharing the documentation link on 'Access Control' for you reference -

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Please log an enhancement request for you requirement.

Regards,

Anvi

Posted by alank@daitangroup.com on 31-Jan-2018 06:34

Thank you, Anvi. It is what I thought.

I'll file in a request.

Best,

Alan

This thread is closed