Migrating Application (+ data) from one Tenant to other

Posted by alank@daitangroup.com on 21-Dec-2017 17:47

I've seen a few similar questions here, but I want to be sure and have a definitive "that's not possible".

I want to migrate a single application from one Tenant to the other, meaning, I can't do a Tenant-wide backup. I'm aware I can use the incredibly useful XML export, but the data does not carry through.

I've read about seed records, but this doesn't sound like an ideal solution, especially because this solutions in itself is limited to 15000 records.

So do I need to export my data through reports, and import them by hand? 

I have 31 different objects, so it's pretty clear that this solution is not exactly friendly. Especially because some of the objects have more than the 10000 record report limit and having to deal with tricky NxN relationships(so I'd have to create more than 31 different reports, should we choose to migrate the whole bulk of data).

Is this really the only way?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 18-Jan-2018 03:15

As of now part migration of data in a tenant is not supported.

You can do whole tenant backup and restore and then delete unwanted objects and their data - This would be the easiest way to do this...

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 18-Jan-2018 03:15

As of now part migration of data in a tenant is not supported.

You can do whole tenant backup and restore and then delete unwanted objects and their data - This would be the easiest way to do this...

This thread is closed