Automatically create record when mail received

Posted by Ramon Schouten on 25-Oct-2017 03:31

Hi there,

I was wondering if Rollbase has a function to view a mailbox and automatically create records, based on newly received e-mails.

We are using a Service Support application in Rollbase.
We log all our support cases there as a record and update this record, whenever we have send a mail or had contact with the owner of the case.

What we are trying to accomplish is that our Mailbox will be "watched" and when a new e-mail is received in this mailbox, we would like Rollbase to automatically create a record in the Service Support application (log a case).

Kind regards,
Ramon Schouten

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 25-Oct-2017 06:57

Hi Ramon,

Rollbase provides some Server-side APIs to read email messages. Please refer the following doc link. You can create a batch job and write the logic to read the e-mail messages, then invoke Server-side API rbv_api.createRecord  to create records in Rollbase.

https://documentation.progress.com/output/rb/doc/#page/rb%2Femail-api.html%23

* rbv_api.openIMAP()

* rbv_api.openPOP3()

* rbv_api.getMailMessageCount()

* rbv_api.getMailMessage()

* rbv_api.getMailMessages()

* rbv_api.closeMailSession()

The other way is you can use third-party software like zapier or IFTTT to watch mailbox and invoke Rollbase REST API createRecord when a new e-mail is received.

Thanks,
Srinivas

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 25-Oct-2017 06:57

Hi Ramon,

Rollbase provides some Server-side APIs to read email messages. Please refer the following doc link. You can create a batch job and write the logic to read the e-mail messages, then invoke Server-side API rbv_api.createRecord  to create records in Rollbase.

https://documentation.progress.com/output/rb/doc/#page/rb%2Femail-api.html%23

* rbv_api.openIMAP()

* rbv_api.openPOP3()

* rbv_api.getMailMessageCount()

* rbv_api.getMailMessage()

* rbv_api.getMailMessages()

* rbv_api.closeMailSession()

The other way is you can use third-party software like zapier or IFTTT to watch mailbox and invoke Rollbase REST API createRecord when a new e-mail is received.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Posted by Ramon Schouten on 25-Oct-2017 07:22

Hi there,

Thanks for your wuick reply!

I have tried this, but I don't think it will work because it is a Microsoft Exhcange Server.

I have tried the above, and have tried the IMAP settings of Office, but only smtp seems to work.

But still the SMTP comes with the following error:

Is there any way to still get this workign without using 3rd party software?

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 26-Oct-2017 07:41

Please use the 993 port number. It worked for me.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Posted by Ramon Schouten on 30-Oct-2017 10:06

Hi there,

I have it working a nicely, fashion through Zapier.

The Rollbase method worked for me, but I prefer the coding in Python over Java, since this is easier to understand for me and my colleagues aswell.

Thanks!

This thread is closed