Private Cloud Upgrade to 5.0

Posted by leonc on 17-Oct-2017 07:29

I have a private cloud installation of RollBase version 4.5 on windows 2012 R2 Server.

I followed the procedure written in the user guide and I used the installer to upgrade to version 5.0.

After upgrading, i get this error when I am trying to edit users or user roles :

" Configuration file legacyObjects.xml is missing ".

Thats a file from the config folder of the previous version.

There is no mention in the guide that this file needs to be restored in new config file, and I am afraid I didn't kept a backup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Leo

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 20-Oct-2017 04:40

Hi Leo,

The steps mentioned in the previous post would help overcome the error about missing configuration files. However, it is crucial to have storage folder to be restored from 4.5 installation backup to work with existing customers.
Also, it is important to have existing private.key file in security folder inside config folder.

Regards,
Hari

All Replies

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 20-Oct-2017 04:12

Hi Leo,

Please do the following:

1. Login as Rollbase admin user
2. Navigate to System Console Application
3. Click the Control Panel Tab
4. Check the following sub-sections in "Configuration" section to identify any of the sub-sections do not show content.
In such case, browse the appropriate XML file in the attached (configuration_files.zip) Zip file and copy the contents of file and paste in the textbox of appropriate sub-section. Save the changes.
                a. Events
                b. Field Groups
                c. List Items
                d. Legacy Objects
                e. Security Level
                f. Service Levels
                g. Default Cards
5. Similarly, check the sub-sections in "Code Templates" and copy the contents from the appropriate .template files and paste in the textbox of appropriate sub-section. Save the changes.

Hari

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 20-Oct-2017 04:40

Hi Leo,

The steps mentioned in the previous post would help overcome the error about missing configuration files. However, it is crucial to have storage folder to be restored from 4.5 installation backup to work with existing customers.
Also, it is important to have existing private.key file in security folder inside config folder.

Regards,
Hari

Posted by leonc on 20-Oct-2017 16:11

Hi Hari,

Worked like a charm.

THANK YOU.

Do I also have to copy these files from configuration_files.zip to config folder, and keep backups in case of future update ?

Because as I understand, from now on, values from these files are stored in database.

Best regards,

Leo

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 24-Oct-2017 01:44

Hi Leo,

It is not required to keep a copy of these files in the config folder as the configurations are stored in database. However, as a practice, it’s essential to backup configuration files and database.
Regards,
Hari

This thread is closed