How can I directly link to a certain (AJAX) tab on a view pa

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 26-Sep-2017 03:42

Is there a way to have a direct hyperlink to a view page where a different tab is loaded than the default (first / last visited).
So can I create a direct link to that tab on that page?

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 04-Oct-2017 05:37

The defect is described in https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/rbf-activatePageTab-not-working-in-On-load-event.

In addition to the earlier coded solution, Vimal sent us this workaround for the onLoad event, that does cause some UI glitches, since the content of the last tab is loaded first and then switched to the selected tab (in the URL):

var tabIndex = 1; // write logic to get tab index
if(rbf_isNewUI()){
  rb.newui.page.PageContext.getCanvasEl().one(rb.newui.util.customEvents.rbs_tabActivated, function() {
      rbf_activatePageTab(tabIndex);
  });
}

Posted by mpiscoso@gmail.com on 04-Oct-2017 08:14

I didnt know about the issue with onload and activateTab. Sorry for the misleading statement.

To solve the UI issue you can use an IIFE that is placed within a template text field. Use the token of the template field in script components placed on top of all of your tabs.

The code inside of the template would look like this:

(function(){

})();

And in each script component {!temp_field}

Just make sure the scripts are on top of each tab so it loads immediately without waiting for other page components

Hope that helps.

Read about IIFE in javascript for more ideas

All Replies

Posted by mpiscoso@gmail.com on 02-Oct-2017 13:06

I have a code solution for this if you are interested. See below:

1. Generate your link to a record's view page (ex. Link to view page of an object >> {!#LINK.case})

2. Add a custom parameter at the end (ex. {!#LINK.case}&tab=2)

3. In my example i'm using a number to indicate the tab index, on the view page onload property (obj def > view page > properties) add script to read your custom parameter and load the tab:

ex.

var currURL = String(window.location.href), tabIndex = parseInt(currURL.split("tab=")[1]); //get tab index from URL

if ( !isNaN(tabIndex) ) { //have some sort of checker to handle URLs without custom param

rbf_activatePageTab(tabIndex); //Load your tab using the API

}

From here you just need to generate a URL to your view page and add a custom parameter and value at the end and that could more or less be considered a direct link to one of your tabs.

Hope that helps.

Posted by hmarrout on 03-Oct-2017 02:58

Hi Ruben,

If you are looking for a landing page configuration after login, we have a feature to configure landing page for each role or a user.

1. User level configuration

profile settings->My preferences->landing page configuration

2. Role level configuration

Administration setup->roles->pages->assign landing page

Posted by mpiscoso@gmail.com on 03-Oct-2017 08:47

That was an unexpected answer.

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 03-Oct-2017 10:47

Unfortunately the rbf_activatePageTab doesn't seem to work in a View Page onLoad event. This is a known issue which will be resolved in the next release. We have tried adding a page listener, but that doesn't work either. There is definitely an issue with the rbf_activatePageTab API.

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 04-Oct-2017 04:36

Hi Ruben/Harold,

Unfortunately this is not possible today. I request you to log an enhancement request or put it under idea section. As Harold said there is an issue in using rbf_activatePageTab() method in view page onLoad method in NewUI.

Thanks,

Vimal.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 04-Oct-2017 05:37

The defect is described in https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/rbf-activatePageTab-not-working-in-On-load-event.

In addition to the earlier coded solution, Vimal sent us this workaround for the onLoad event, that does cause some UI glitches, since the content of the last tab is loaded first and then switched to the selected tab (in the URL):

if(rbf_isNewUI()){
  rb.newui.page.PageContext.getCanvasEl().one(rb.newui.util.customEvents.rbs_tabActivated, function() {
  });
}

Posted by mpiscoso@gmail.com on 04-Oct-2017 08:14

I didnt know about the issue with onload and activateTab. Sorry for the misleading statement.

To solve the UI issue you can use an IIFE that is placed within a template text field. Use the token of the template field in script components placed on top of all of your tabs.

The code inside of the template would look like this:

(function(){

})();

And in each script component {!temp_field}

Just make sure the scripts are on top of each tab so it loads immediately without waiting for other page components

Hope that helps.

Read about IIFE in javascript for more ideas

This thread is closed