Currency Format ### ### ###.## with spaces should emit non-b

Posted by Charles Ford on 29-Jun-2017 04:24

Hello,

I wish to use the Currency Format: Other and ### ### ###.## (it's a good match for my region).

When the currency amounts are show on a grid the formats with space allow the amount to be split onto multiple lines and this doesn't present well for a numeric. For example the HTML emitted is

<div class="rbs-numeric-field" dir="ltr"> 100 050.00 </div>

Please consider emitting something like the following:

<div class="rbs-numeric-field" dir="ltr"> 100&nbsp;050.00 </div>

Regards

--

Charles

All Replies

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 29-Jun-2017 20:29

Charles,

You should be able to achieve this directly by overriding rbs-numeric-field like this:

<style>

.rbs-numeric-field { white-space: nowrap; }

</style>

You can put this in your page or in custom header (app setting).

Let us know if that works out for you.

Thanks, Thierry.

Posted by Charles Ford on 30-Jun-2017 03:45

Perfect, actually

<style>

.rbs-numeric-field {

text-align: right;

white-space: nowrap;

}

</style>

works well for what I want.

Thanks Thierry.

--

Charles

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 30-Jun-2017 11:04

Yes. It makes sense to align right :)

Posted by Charles Ford on 06-Jul-2017 03:39

Hello,

I've found that when I use subtotals and grand totals that I'm still faced with the same problem.
I can apply a white-space: nowrap; but only to the table row so this makes for very wide columns.
Would there be some way to apply this to just the totaled amount? I'm happy that the text would wrap.
Before and after screenshots attached (also showing an occasional trailing digit missed)...

Thanks

Charles.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 06-Jul-2017 13:55

Unfortunately we have a bug here: we are missing the CSS classes for the sub-total, page total, and grand total containers as well as a span for just the number.  This has been logged as 74834.

Thierry.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 10-Jul-2017 10:24

This is fixed in V5.0.  

For page total, sub total and grand total, we have added 6 CSS classes allowing fine control of the overall container rendering as well as of the number rendering.

Here is the new structure of the output for the 3 totals with the 6 new CSS classes:

<div class='rbs-pageTotalContainer'>Page Total: <span class='rbs-pageTotal'>123</span></div>

<div class='rbs-subTotalContainer'>Sub-Total: <span class='rbs-subTotal'>123</span></div>

<div class='rbs-grandTotalContainer'>Grand Total: <span class='rbs-grandTotal'>123</span></div>

This will be available on eap.rollbase.com tomorrow Tuesday.  Please give it a try then and confirm for us that bug is fixed correctly.

thanks, Thierry.

This thread is closed