[4.2] Quick Create Window Delay

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 11-Apr-2017 03:59

Hi All,

I've been doing some user role testing within my applications and have noticed some odd behavior when clicking on the quick create buttons. The quick create buttons are all located on grids attached to the parents record view page with the relationships setup as 1:M from the parent record.

Logged in as an administrator with full permissions the quick create window will take 0.5 seconds to load.

Logged in as a standard user with (view, create and edit) permissions the window takes between 8-10 seconds to load. This is before the window then attempts to load any scripts etc so disabling them doesn't improve performance.

Is there some permissions that I'm missing for the user to open this window without incurring the dismal waiting times it takes for the window to load?

Regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

Posted by IramK on 17-May-2017 18:03

Hello Siraj,

Simon is off ill, however, I can confirm that by changing the lookup field as a Selector, this has resolved the issue. Shall look forward to the fix in the forthcoming release. Thanks for following up on this one. These performance issues are always a difficult one to deal with.

Cheers.

Iram

All Replies

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 20-Apr-2017 03:28

Hi All,

I'm still experiencing this issue even now I've migrated to Rollbase version [4.4]. Does anyone have an idea as to what the cause might be?

Regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 25-Apr-2017 07:04

*Bump*

I've updated to Rollbase version [4.5] not [4.4] as previously stated.

Regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 28-Apr-2017 00:39

Hello Simon,

Sorry for the delay - Iram has raised a Support ticket for this query. I have requested his availability for a screenshare today - would you be able to join? Or you could also attach your application to the case highlighting the pages we should test.

Thank you,

Karthikeyan

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 03-May-2017 04:01

Hi Karthikeyan,

I've been working with Iram on the problem and hes told me that he had a support call with you and that you were looking into the issue. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 17-May-2017 12:43

We have identified the root-cause of the problem. The QC page has a lookup field configured as Picklist which has many records around 10000. Additionally this Object has User record relationship based permissions.

Ideally such lookup fields should be configured as 'Selector' instead of  picklist.

We will also be revising this case to address the performance degradation issue in the forthcoming release. However, as an intermediate solution request you to configure such lookup fields as 'Selector' on form pages.

Posted by IramK on 17-May-2017 18:03

Hello Siraj,

Simon is off ill, however, I can confirm that by changing the lookup field as a Selector, this has resolved the issue. Shall look forward to the fix in the forthcoming release. Thanks for following up on this one. These performance issues are always a difficult one to deal with.

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Mohammed Siraj on 19-May-2017 02:00

Thanks for the confirmation Iram.

Also would like emphasize that if lookup record count is very high, 'Selector' will be a better option then Picklist otherwise such large number of data items in picklist may result in longer network times and bloated Page DOM.

This thread is closed