Portal pages - creating a relationship across two files

Posted by ionacaerex on 14-Mar-2017 10:02

I have a client object and an Application Object. I have a client portal page to create a NEW client record immediately then diverting to the application page to create a NEW application record. The data is written successfully to the database but I need to create a one to many Client to Application hierarchy/relationship. Do I need to code this separately or if there a way to link the objects on creation?

If it is code, please could you supply in a user-friendly non-technical format please?

Thanks in advance

Posted by ionacaerex on 28-Mar-2017 14:55

Thanks Vimal....works good now.

All Replies

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 20-Mar-2017 06:37

Hi ,

Follow below steps to achieve your requirement.

1) Create Client and Application objects

2) Make sure for both Client and Application objects has enabled  with require permissions to access from portal pages.

3) Go to Application object ObjectDefinition page

3) Select Relationships link and create a 1:M relationship with Client object.

4) Now Create new portal

5) Add login page and select login object as User or Object which enabled with Portal User attributes ( Appropriate permission should be enabled for selected type in both Client and Application objects). If you don't want login page you should enable full permission for Portal Guest at Client and Application objects

6) Add Object Create Page and Select type as "Client".

7) Add Object Create Page and Select type as "Application"

8) Add Object Selector Page and Select type as "Client"

9) Edit "Client" create page and includes all required fields from Page Designer

10) Edit "Application" create page and includes all required fields of Application along with "Client" lookup field.

11) Edit Properties of "Client" create Page and set destination page as "Application" create page so that after client record is created you will be automatically taken to Application create page.

You are all set now.. After your Client Object record is created you will be be redirected to Application create page. From Client lookup field you can attach all "Client" record to your Application object.

I have created a sample Application with portal to demonstrate how you can achieve your requirement. You can install attached app , go to Portal and click on Portal link, you will be asked to login.. You should login using a valid user who has Admin role.. You will see below explained flow in the sample app after login

1) You will see list of Application and Client in main page

2) Click on create "Client" link you will be asked to provide details about Client, Click on submit you will be taken to Application create page . Fill details and attach Client from lookup field and submit, you will be redirected back to List page. 

3) By clicking on Application name you will be taken to Application View page where you all Clients attached to current Application record.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/Application-_5F00_-Client_5F00_v3.xml:320:240]

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hope this helps,

Vimal.

Posted by ionacaerex on 28-Mar-2017 14:55

Thanks Vimal....works good now.

This thread is closed