[4.2] List Search Filter Issue

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 16-Jan-2017 07:01

HI all,

I have a list view called "Accounts" , for example, and I've set a filter against a field "region" to only show accounts that have either a 1 or 2 (UK or US ) in that field.

I've added this view to a selector that a user can access when deciding what account(s) to pick. I've also added a "accounts contains" search box for usability.

When a user is doing a search on this view to find their specific account, the system doesn't refine the list based on what the user has typed into that search box. It seems that the only way for the search box to function correctly is to remove the filters of 1 or 2.

A typical example would be that a user has typed in "account1234" into the search box.

There is an account called "account1234" that also has a field marked 1 that falls into the filters argument. Instead of getting that single account back the user will instead see all the accounts marked with either a 1 or 2.

I'd like to code an expression of:

{if account contains is not empty and region = 1

or

if account contains is not empty and region = 2}

I can't do this because the search boxes are not fields that I have access or control over.

Is this a bug in Rollbase or have I missed a settings or something that will resolve this issue of mine?

Regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

Posted by Saraswathi Krishnan on 17-Jan-2017 03:46

This was a bug. It has been fixed now from  version 4.3 onwards

Regards,

Saras

All Replies

Posted by Saraswathi Krishnan on 17-Jan-2017 03:46

This was a bug. It has been fixed now from  version 4.3 onwards

Regards,

Saras

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 17-Jan-2017 04:15

Thanks very much for getting back to me Saras, I'll make a note of it.

Regards,

Simon

This thread is closed