[4.2] - How to Change the Value of a Read-Only Type Field Us

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 06-Jan-2017 04:19

Hi all,

I've been working on building my own reminder system which uses the current reminder functionality but I've run into a problem.

There is a checkbox field which is a predetermined field that's created when the user adds the event functionality to their application object. This field, in my case, is called "reminded". The reminded checkbox field is set to true, checked, when the reminder popup window is displayed.

What I'm trying to do is to fire a server-side, object type, trigger at the moment the field is updated to unset the check box but I'm getting the "field is Read-Only" error from the trigger debug system.

Am I using the wrong type of trigger or is there something else that I need to do?

All Replies

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 10-Jan-2017 03:22

Hi All,

Is there any update on this?

Alternatively I'm looking into modifying the main.js file so that the system function, that checks this field, won't run. This isn't something I want to do but my deadline is getting closer and I'm running out of options.

Kind regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 12-Jan-2017 03:00

*Bump*

Posted by IramK on 12-Jan-2017 10:34

Hi guys,

Would someone be able to assist us with this scenario please?

Cheers.

Iram

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 31-Jan-2017 23:30

The "Reminded" field is Read-Only.
Hence the message is thrown.

Essentially, the reminder has popped up, and the read-only Reminded field got its value set.
What is the real requirement for which you are looking to reset the field?

Posted by Simon Tregloan-Reed on 01-Feb-2017 03:38

Hi Karthikeyan,

Well I'd like the reminded field to not get set at all if possible, unless I set it via script/trigger.

I'm trying to use the pop-up functionality but with a few changes to make it work better in my app environment. I basically want control of the reminder service so that I can choose when an event object reminder pop-up should fire, if at all.

My other option is to go into the back-end and disable the reminder pop-up windows from showing, but this isn't a route I want to go down so having control over the reminded field would be best in my opinion.

Regards,

Simon Tregloan-Reed

This thread is closed