How to set the value of a Reference Record programmatically?

Posted by stephen.vanrooyen on 14-Dec-2016 05:02

Hi Guys,

I have a Refence Record field, and who like to set it to the Record in Scope.
Since this is not an option on the Reference Record field, I’m trying to set it programmatically.
/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/0027.image002.png

If I set it using rbf_setFieldValue to the Id of the Parent Record, it shows the id instead of the value
/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/25/7360.image004.png

Regards,
http://www.aigs.co.za/templates/email_signatures/2016/stephen_van_rooyen.png

Posted by Shiva Duriseati on 15-Dec-2016 04:34

What I meant is when you view that record after submission you will see value and not ID for Reference Record.

Regards,

Shiva

All Replies

Posted by Shiva Duriseati on 15-Dec-2016 04:13

Hi Stephen,

I have filed a defect for this #61422.Thanks for brining this to our notice.

However you could still go ahead and use that API because when form is submitted value gets stored instead of ID.

Regards,

Shiva

Posted by Shiva Duriseati on 15-Dec-2016 04:34

What I meant is when you view that record after submission you will see value and not ID for Reference Record.

Regards,

Shiva

Posted by Charles Ford on 14-May-2018 05:40

Hello,

I think I've a similar problem..., programmatically setting the Reference Record from the UI.

My Object C has the Reference Record field. My Objects A and B are both related to C and are included as Selected Objects in the Reference Record list.

I find I can use rbf_setFieldValue to set the Reference Record to an A object record but not a B object record. Co-incidentally the UI dropdown defaults to Object A possibly because it sorts as the first in the list.

Is there a solution / api that will allow me to set the Id of any object record in the Reference Record list?

Regards

--

Charles

This thread is closed