REST method getPage returns "View with original ID not

Posted by Thomas Fossum on 06-Dec-2016 06:32

Hi

I am able to invoke /rest/api/login and get the sessionId, and i can also get /rest/api/getApplicationIds

But using rest/api/getPage?sessionId=61def7b35eb84beca2127842e6774f30@1&output=json&viewId=68464351 always returns reply

{
"status": "fail",
"message": "View with original ID 68464351 not found"
}

I did fetch the viewId from Object->Views->Original ID. (I also tried with the IDs found on Object level, but with similar result)

Any help greatly appriciated:)

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 06-Dec-2016 08:03

rest/api/login?loginName=<master admin>&password=<master admin password>&custId=<customer id>

This should return valid sessionId. Make sure that you provide valid customer ID.

If you know the customer username & password, please try with those credentials.

rest/api/login?loginName=<customer admin username>&password=<customer admin password>

This should return valid customer sessionId

Thanks

Srinivas

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 06-Dec-2016 06:45

Hi,

You are using Master Admin sessionId. Is that view exists in Master Admin account?

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Thomas Fossum on 06-Dec-2016 07:33

Hi Srinivas, thanks for your quick reply:)

I used the master admin account when I logged into Rollbase /master, and then logged on as Customer to /prod1, where I  found the original Id. I also used the master admin account when invoking the /login REST endpoint.

I tried using rest/api/login?loginName=<master admin>&password=<master admin password>&custId=<customer id>
in order to get the correct sessionId, and then hopefully get the objects in a given view

But this attempt always returns 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<resp status="login">
  <err>Session expired or invalid login credentials</err>
</resp>

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 06-Dec-2016 08:03

rest/api/login?loginName=<master admin>&password=<master admin password>&custId=<customer id>

This should return valid sessionId. Make sure that you provide valid customer ID.

If you know the customer username & password, please try with those credentials.

rest/api/login?loginName=<customer admin username>&password=<customer admin password>

This should return valid customer sessionId

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Thomas Fossum on 06-Dec-2016 08:35

I found the answer: the instance I was testing on was a trial version, and the customer was expired. By changing the expiry date rest/api/login?loginName=<master admin>&password=<master admin password>&custId=<customer id> now worked, and with the correct sessionId, I am able to use the REST api as expected.

Thank you:)

This thread is closed