How to create multiple related object records from create ob

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 31-Oct-2016 05:11

I have the following challenge:

- two objects: requests & persons

- cardinality between objects is multiple persons to 1 request

I want portal users while creating a request to be able to create (and immediately attach) multiple person records for that request. I know I could use the grid to accomplish this, but the person object has to many required fields to fit into a grid component, so that would be a no go.
The embedded quick create only seems to allow to create one person at a time while creating the request.
Also I do not want a lookup, because I want to make it mandatory for the users to create new person records for every request they create.

Is there an easy / smart way to accomplish this?

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 09-Nov-2016 03:18

1. It's not possible to use the quick create functionality on portal pages, like in 'normal' pages:

2. There is no way to change inline editing mode of revised grid to pop-up editing at the moment

All Replies

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 07-Nov-2016 03:33

Anyone?

Posted by Sri Harsha on 08-Nov-2016 21:30

Hi Ruben,

1. Regarding the pop-up editing …. Unfortunately, the behavior of inline edit cannot be changed.

2. Regarding your other query on Forum

a.  When you said using Grid Control is not a good option for you because of too many fields, Did you try the Revised Grid Control (doc link below) which scales much better than the old one ?

http://documentation.progress.com/output/rb/doc/index.html#page/rb%2Fwhat's-new-in-rollbase-4.3.html%23wwID0ENVHO

b. One more way you can try out is, remove the “Request” look-up field from the quick-create page of “Person”.

So, when a user is creating a new Request, he is shown the look up field of “Person” object

And users will click the quick create icon, which will pop-up the quick-create page and once it is closed, the new Person is created and is its value is attached to the corresponding lookup field in Request’s New page .

Please let us know if the above pointers look good for you.  

Regards,

Harsha.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 09-Nov-2016 03:18

1. It's not possible to use the quick create functionality on portal pages, like in 'normal' pages:

2. There is no way to change inline editing mode of revised grid to pop-up editing at the moment

This thread is closed