"Back to List" Button

Posted by anthosbadguy on 27-Oct-2016 12:40

Hello everyone,

We've been having trouble understanding what rules dictate whether the "Back to List" button is enabled or not after clicking a record name and navigating to it's View Page from the menu page where the list is located.

For some objects in our application, the button is enabled only when there's only that object record list in the page

But if we add a second object list to that same menu page, like this:

When we access the first record, where the "Back to List" button was enabled...

...the button has been disabled!

We don't know why this is happening, or what we could do to allow our users to navigate back to the menu page where the lists are, and this behavior can be seen happening all over the other pages of our application.

...Incidentally, the "Back to List" button does work for the records of the second object, but this appears to be specific to this particular object, as it's record list is used in a different menu page alongside other objects' record Lists, and even when the Back to List button doesn't work for the other objects in said page, this object's records "Back to List" button do work there too.

We appreciate any hint or help you could give us regarding this, and we thank you for your time!

Posted by Shivani Silveri on 28-Oct-2016 09:05

Hi,

This is a bug and opened a defect for the same (for reference the defect Id is 57138).

Thanks for the test scenario.

Thanks,

Shivani.

Posted by Shivani Silveri on 31-Oct-2016 23:41

Hi,

I'm sorry, the defect information/status cannot be viewed but is internally available for the team. I have shared the Id so that any article written regarding this use case will have a tag with the defect Id.

However, the release details for this fix shall be posted here.

Thanks,

Shivani.

All Replies

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 28-Oct-2016 00:56

Hello,

Which version of Rollbase are you using?

Would it be possible for you to share the app XML with both objects (and any dependencies), with 1 seed record from each object?

Thank you,
Karthikeyan

Posted by anthosbadguy on 28-Oct-2016 08:46

We're using version 4.3.1.1, and I am sadly unable to share the app XML with said objects, but it should be noted that the object I mentioned is just an example and several other objects have their "Back to List" buttons disabled when accesing their records the way I described it in my initial post.

Thank you for your response

Posted by Shivani Silveri on 28-Oct-2016 09:05

Hi,

This is a bug and opened a defect for the same (for reference the defect Id is 57138).

Thanks for the test scenario.

Thanks,

Shivani.

Posted by anthosbadguy on 28-Oct-2016 13:58

Hello,

Thank you for making it clear this is a bug and that a defect has been opened already.

Where could we view this defect's information/status to keep a close eye on it?

Posted by Shivani Silveri on 31-Oct-2016 23:41

Hi,

I'm sorry, the defect information/status cannot be viewed but is internally available for the team. I have shared the Id so that any article written regarding this use case will have a tag with the defect Id.

However, the release details for this fix shall be posted here.

Thanks,

Shivani.

Posted by anthosbadguy on 01-Nov-2016 14:14

I see.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

This thread is closed